Marco Asa, Alessia Romeo
Thin Films Deposition
Description:The E-beam BAK 640 evaporator is equipped with a 6 pocket rotating crucible. At the moment the equipment has the following process available: Au, Pt, Cu, Ni, Permalloy (NiFe), Cr, Ti, SiO, SiO2, Si.
Working principleThe electronic beam is accelerated by an electric field and than directed by a magnetic film to the crucible, for local heating the material in evaporation.
- The process is performed in high vacuum, below 2×10-6 milliBar
- The vacuum system is pumped by a Cryogenic pump
- The equipment is able to hold reactive atmosphere (vacuum) if required
- The rotating dome is able to accommodate 9 6” wafers and it can be heated to 250 °C
- The deposition rate is monitored by quartz crystal system
- The revolving crucible holder allows multilayer deposition